Discover Africa Belmond Style - Seven Night Offer
Experience the best of Belmond’s Southern Africa with our new seven-night special offer. Enjoy four night’s safari at any combination of our lodges, meals, local beverages and safari activities. Travel January 3, 2018 to December 25, 2018.
In the heart of the Chobe National Park, sometimes referred to as the elephant capital of the world, is the Savute - an area that personifies the eternal contrast of Africa.
Perched on the banks of the Savute Channel, the Belmond Savute Elephant Lodge offers a spectacular birds eye view of elephant in their natural habitat. Unpredictable wet and dry cycles shape the landscape and wildlife. The Savute Channel ebbs and flows due to tectonic plate shifts, and lay dormant and dry for nearly 30 years. Unpredictable in its patterns, and often beginning to flow without notice, it has become one of Northern Botswana’s greatest mysteries.
The Savute is a dramatic area which is home to high concentrations of elephant and lions. Prides up to 40 strong are not uncommon, as are sighting of all the other major predators; the endangered wild dog, leopard, cheetah and the hyena. Savute is also renowned for its excellent birding during the summer months (December through March), as well as being home to some very rare rock paintings drawn by the early San Bushmen, who once inhabited the region.
Savute Elephant Lodge is pleased to offer our guests a range of facilities including:
- Spectacular observation deck area, just 10 meters from the adjacent water hole
- 20 meter elevated Swimming pool area, overlooking the riverbed
- Private Outdoor dining area – the ‘Boma’ ideal for special events and entertainment
- Private outdoor leisure area internet access and satellite TV located discreetly away from the main lounge and dining areas.
- Satellite phones on request
- High powered telescopes for star gazing
Check In: 12:00 Noon
Check Out: 12:00 Noon